We just got back from a preview of the new Speed Racer film at the Block. My mom won tickets from a radio station and graciously gave them to us! The movie had intense racing scenes (of course!), a super saturated look (for you photographers - think Technicolor Dream World from Totally Rad Actions!) and a bit of humor! Zoe loved the Chimp!
Evidently Warner Brothers takes pirating pretty seriously. After standing in line for an hour, where we were warned more than 10 times that we could not take out any phones, cameras or video recorders, we had to go through a bag search and a metal detector! If that was not enough, four private security guards watched the theater with night-vision binoculars!
Like the Matrix series, the Wachowski brothers make some crazy movies, and I have this sense that if I watch it again, I may enjoy it even more!
Thanks again mom!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Go Speed Racer....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I am so happy the family shared an evening of entertainment. I had to win a 'speed' contest which 93.9 Moving' was having in the parking lot at Food 4 Less. U know it was dancing!! Luv u guys. Mom
so marlin what was your honest opinion on this one?
Hey David, it was honestly a little slow at the beginning, plus the way they tell the story is kind of confusing. Very comic book like. The middle to end of the movie was awesome though!
that's good to hear. if my kids want to see it i wanted to make sure i was prepared :)
Post a Comment