Hello friends, we are Marlin and Marlene Munoz (and Ray and Zoe!) Please enjoy our latest work and please feel free to leave a comment!

Contact Info: website: www.marlinmunoz.com
email: studio@marlinmunoz.com
twitter: marlinmunoz
phone: 714.213.1716









Tuesday, September 9, 2008

a beautiful soul......







So I have been keeping some personal info quiet for a bit. Grandma always seemed invincible to me. She was born in Sioux City, Iowa, lived through the depression, raised a family and enjoyed five great-grandchildren. From the time I was a child she was my protector. She cared for me, she loved me and she made sure my mom wasn't too hard on me. She lived two block away from my family and she was such an integral part of my life. In 19 days she would have been 90, but God had different plans for her. After a long battle with congestive heart failure and leukemia, a stroke silenced her beautiful voice and stole her soft smile about a week ago.

Unfortunately for us, grandma left this world last night but she beat her pain, she is still invincible to me. She was in a hospice facility in Covina for the last three days. The entire family could be with her until the end. Marlene and I were with her on Friday and after our wedding on Saturday we spent more time with her. Ray and Zoe were both able to say goodbye. I was fortunate to be by her side when she passed. My family will be celebrating her life over the next few days.

I will certainly miss her, but Grandma will always be the beautiful soul looking over us. Hug your loved ones my friends.....

7 comments:

Nat said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences go out to you and your family. Your Grandmother was definitely a beautiful lady and in her eyes you can see the kindness that I am sure she possessed. We will keep you in our prayers so God can help you through this difficult time.

xoxo
Nat & Art

Anonymous said...

Marlin and Marlene,

Thanks for sharing about your g-ma's life. I'm so glad you had a chance to say goodbye and give her some strength as she passed. I admire that she was a total family woman, nurturer and protector. There is no greater job for a woman than to be a loving mom and grandmom! Definitely a life well spent! love,
Kristin Brancaleone

Anonymous said...

Condolences to you and the rest of your family Marlin. She was so beautiful, on the outside and no doubt in the inside too I'm sure, but you already know that! I love her in that beach picture, looking pimp in those shades, bikini, and her hair wrap! =) Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood! It's definitely a time to celebrate her life! Keep you head up my friend.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss, Marlin. Your grandmother would be proud of your tribute to her.

My sincere condolences.

Stephen Grant said...

Condolences, Marlin. Seems there is far too much loss at the moment. It's never easy, but it's reassuring to know loved ones are in good hands when they move on, and we'll see them again soon.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. She lives on in you.
Becky

~ Jolene said...

Marlin,

Gerric and I send our condolences to you and your entire family. Your grandmother sounded like an amazing woman...one I wish we had the opportunity to meet. She is at peace now and will watch over you and your loved ones every day. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending our love...