Hello friends, we are Marlin and Marlene Munoz (and Ray and Zoe!) Please enjoy our latest work and please feel free to leave a comment!

Contact Info: website: www.marlinmunoz.com
email: studio@marlinmunoz.com
twitter: marlinmunoz
phone: 714.213.1716









Monday, May 14, 2007

Remixed.....

As is true with any artist, I am constantly searching for new ideas, concepts, and techniques. My inspiration comes from various sources, including nature, my family, music, and other artists. Recently I have stumbled on the technique of using textures in my work. While I have been exploring the concept for some time (You may have seen me hinting at it in past blog posts) I fully implemented this technique last weekend when in addition to shooting Sid and Vince's wedding, I also started a collection of textures from their venues.

I am so in love with this look! It has opened me up as an artist and took me back to some of my original concepts and mindsets. Sometimes artists, can learn too much. They can become too static. The rawness I possessed starting out, began to disappear somewhat and I was sometimes afraid to take chances. This has breathed new life into my passion.

I present to you, some of my first images using the textures, and I hope you will see the simplicity, the elegance, and the beauty they add to my couples. I would love feedback, so feel free to drop me an email with your thoughts.

Enjoy!







No comments: