Hello friends, we are Marlin and Marlene Munoz (and Ray and Zoe!) Please enjoy our latest work and please feel free to leave a comment!

Contact Info: website: www.marlinmunoz.com
email: studio@marlinmunoz.com
twitter: marlinmunoz
phone: 714.213.1716









Sunday, August 26, 2007

Victoria & Deany....

I always get this little pain in my stomach right before I start shooting a wedding. I think it stems a little from anxiety and the anticipation. I have been shooting weddings for over five years now, so I am pretty confident in my abilities, however that pain still persists. I actually think a large part of it stems from a fear of showing up at the wrong location. Even though I check and re-check the itinerary, use a GPS and show up early, I still fear knocking on a hotel room door and it being opened by some scruffy looking guy who is upset that I just woke him up! On Saturday that pain was there, but when we approached room 228 at the Cerritos Sheraton, I was relieved when I heard the unmistakable sound emanating from the room…laughter! You can always identify the bridal room. Lots of laughing, love and hairspray! I instantly felt better at the smell of Bed Head products!

Victoria and Deany had a fabulous day. Starting in Cerritos they made their way to the Frank Lloyd Wright designed, Wayfarers Chapel in Rancho Palos Verdes. We then took some time to do some portraits in Rancho Palos Verdes, but the shoot almost turned into trash the wedding party session! Actually the whole party was awesome and trekked though dirt, grass, and sand to get some amazing shots! The reception was at the Prince Seafood restaurant in Cerritos. It always intrigues me that there are so many beautiful locations hidden in Southern California. The restaurant looks pretty plain from the outside, but inside is beautiful!

Thank you Victoria and Deany for the opportunity to work with you! You have been wonderful to work with and I can’t wait to work on your collection! Hope these samples hold you over until then!

Enjoy!



































I was excited to work with some great vendors on the wedding. Sherry from On Location Beauty did hair and makeup for Victoria. Sherry has made three of my brides look absolutely stunning this year and I will be working with her again in January for Jeneva's wedding! I also worked with Young Lee of Firefly Videography. Young and I have also worked on three wedding together. He is one of several talented videographers I have been fortunate enough to work with this year. Young and I work very well together and he is just a pleasure to work with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to have you and Marlene as our photographer!!! You guys took beautiful pictures and were able to capture the special moments. We cannot wait to see the rest of the pictures. Thank you so much for posting the sneak peeks so soon after the wedding.

Victoria and Deany.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marlin and Marlene!

I had so much fun and a wonderful time last Saturday =D
I still couldn't believe how many pictures you've taken. Once again thank you for passing the glass for my toast =P I love all the pictures and I just can't wait to see some more => You guys are owesome photographers!!

Sabrina

Anonymous said...

hi marlin and marlene :)

i think u guys really have the passion in the field of photography because it shows. u guys are so fun and the pictures turned out so beautiful. again thank you for making vicky and deany's wedding pictures great.

marie