Hello friends, we are Marlin and Marlene Munoz (and Ray and Zoe!) Please enjoy our latest work and please feel free to leave a comment!

Contact Info: website: www.marlinmunoz.com
email: studio@marlinmunoz.com
twitter: marlinmunoz
phone: 714.213.1716









Thursday, October 18, 2007

Back to my Roots....

So I was at the La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts, shooting "photos with the Mayor" for their annual Volunteers in Action award ceremony. This task for me is the probably the equivalent of a fighter pilot flying a commercial airliner! We were taking a short break when I saw the Jazz trio playing against the coolest rust colored wall. I immediately headed toward them!

I forgot how much I love shooting live Jazz. Believe it or not, I can really tie Jazz music into finding my love for photography. I found jazz to be so warm, spontaneous and exciting and I wanted to document it. For me Jazz has always been a visual art as well as a sonic art. When I first started out I would pour over the greats like William Claxton and Ray Avery, but I was also heavily influenced by a modern great, Skip Bolen. I never really became a "Jazz Photographer". I shot some great live Jazz and did a few CD covers, but it never took off like my weddings! I have not shot anything Jazz related for at least five years. Perhaps one day I can get back into it and continue where I left off so many years ago!





2 comments:

~ Jolene said...

Great photos Marlin! I love the style!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

awesome color and light work on these marlin!