I remember a day in April 1994, sitting in Miller Hall at the University of La Verne with my mother, looking out the window and wanting to attend the University so bad. I had been attending Mt. Sac Junior College and I was ready to step up to a four year college. ULV was on the top of my list because of the small student body, small classes, outstanding reputation, and the small town atmosphere. Unfortunately money was a huge, factor, but my parents and I found a way to make it work and I began classes in Fall 1994.
Of all my educational experiences, my four years at the University of La Verne holds the most memories. In that time I worked harder than I had ever before, earned a BA in Political Science and an MPA in Public Administration, met some of my closest friends and had an all around great time. In the nine years since I graduated, I have not been back often, but when I do go back, it's like being at home. So when Simon, one my closest friends, asked me to join him in a lunch with the President of the University I jumped at the opportunity. It turns out that the University is tapping Alumni to let them know how their experience at ULV has helped them in their careers. In addition we were able to hear about their long term plans for Campus expansion and the view plans for a stunning new campus center.
I spent an enjoyable afternoon with 5 good friends and ULV President Steve Morgan. As we ate a very impressive meal, I could tell Mr. Morgan genuinely wanted to hear from us. Where else can alumni be invited back to such a intimate setting with the President. That is one of the exact reasons I chose ULV.
As I walked on campus, memories rushed back. Fun times, friends, and late nights with my fraternity. It was awesome. It was even more exciting as so many of my fraternity brothers showed up. It was a wonderful experience. My friend Ali, was kind enough to take the photo below of my fraternity brothers and I. We are standing in front of "The Rock" a place on campus we would always meet and during my pledge period we would paint it every Tuesday night.
While I would never trade my current life with my awesome family, It's nice to remember where I have been and what helped mold me into the person I am today.
They had to break out the younger, thinner photo!!
Saturday, December 8, 2007
A Different Time.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow...what a hottie you were!
Post a Comment