As I ease into my 36th year of existence, I realizing how fast time is moving. This birthday has me finally thinking about my age. Usually birthdays are no big deal, but I took a mental inventory of the last 36 years and came up with the following: I have been out of High School for 18 years, driving for 20 years, out of college for 13 years, been married for 5 years, a working photographer for 12 years and a father for 8 years --- In another 36 years I will be 72 and look how fast the last 36 went!
After I got over the initial shock of the big day, I hugged Marlene, Ray and Zoe. The next thing I did was to call my mom to thank her (and my dad!) for making my life possible. I had to take count of all the blessings I have.
What makes life so exciting for me is the possibility of what is to come. I may not be a young cat anymore, but I'm really feeling the life experience I have gained. I have so much to look forward to including what will Zoë and Ray be like in 10 years, where will I be in 10 years, what are my next big successes, and how can I grow as a person?
As I creep closer to the 40-year mark, I am hoping 40 is the new 30, but regardless I hold my family tight, keep developing my art, and continue to be the best person I can be, because like Jay said "I'm all grown up"!!!!
** I went to Best Buy to pick up some DVD's and guess who wanted a DS instead? Guess she 4got who's birthday it was! And yes those are tears!"**
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Moving at the speed of life…..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Happy Birthday Marlin!
That's a great perspective to have, Marlin. And you're right, life goes be even quicker the older you get.
Oh boy kids... I seen that face before on my little ones... Happy Birthday Boss...
Happy Belated birthday Marlin!!!! Let's get this family session rescheduled! we're long overdue! I miss you and Marlene!
I missed your birthday! Well, a happy belated one to you. Hope all is well, I will be booking another shoot with you soon as we are expecting #2 in October. =)
Post a Comment