Hello friends, we are Marlin and Marlene Munoz (and Ray and Zoe!) Please enjoy our latest work and please feel free to leave a comment!

Contact Info: website: www.marlinmunoz.com
email: studio@marlinmunoz.com
twitter: marlinmunoz
phone: 714.213.1716









Thursday, June 26, 2008

Practice Makes Perfect.....










All that and they shot me with paintballs for my troubles! I had the opportunity to photograph a tactical training session for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department on Tuesday in an abandoned strip mall. It was incredibly scary to be right in the middle of a gunfight, albeit they were using FX rounds (small paintballs), but rounds were still going off right next to me. The chaos that ensues is crazy, I don't know how they keep their wits as someone is shooting at them.

It was really hard for me to shoot, as I had to wear a protective mask which offset my viewfinder, so I was guessing at the exposure (really could not see the meter) looking though the viewfinder from about 5 inches away, and making sure I did not get hit! I failed at the last part. In better news I listened to each debriefing and got some tips which may actually help me finally beat Ray in Call of Duty 4!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forwarded the photographs to my husband who works for LASD. He may know a few of the subjects. Looking forward to working with you on Sunday..have a great 4th of July!
Rebecca

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

HOLY CRAP that looks so intense!!!!

Val McCormick Photography said...

Cool to shoot that. They were shooting with their pellet guns and you with your camera. Great cool Shots!!!

Stephen Grant said...

Ha! ...Batteries, check. Camera, check. Lenses, check. Bullet proof vest, check. Just another day on the job. :) Have a great 4th!