Hello friends, we are Marlin and Marlene Munoz (and Ray and Zoe!) Please enjoy our latest work and please feel free to leave a comment!

Contact Info: website: www.marlinmunoz.com
email: studio@marlinmunoz.com
twitter: marlinmunoz
phone: 714.213.1716









Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Welcome Back!!!!

Welcome back friends! I feel a little ashamed for blogging over a week into the New Year, but I have been busy trying to finish up 2007 and prepare for 2008! So here are some things going on with us!
- We had a great New Year! We stayed home with the kids and just enjoyed a peaceful night. Zoƫ, for the first time ever, stayed up until midnight, and celebrated with a wine glass full of Sparkling Cider! She loved it!
- Marlene and I started to change the way we eat. I stop short of saying we are dieting, because I really feel to loose weight, we need to change the way we eat. I have always struggled with my weight and once I hit 30 it has just become uncontrollable. Now I am not saying that the Double-Double’s and Big Macs had anything to do with it, I’m just saying once I hit 30, I packed on the pounds! So Marlene and I decided something had to be done! Personally I think the best way to meet our weight lose goals is through Weight Watchers. No I don’t go to support meetings, but I do follow their point system and Marlene is my best supporter. We still love to eat out and we still love In-n-Out, but we don’t need double meat and double cheese, fries animal style and a regular coke! Take off the cheese, spread and add a cup of water and I still stay in my daily points and I’m still happy! So wish us luck and if we have lunch together, make me watch my points!!!!
- Marlene and I finally had a date night! We tried a wonderful new restaurant in La Mirada called Mr. V’s. It was so delicious! Afterwards we saw National Treasure:Book of Secrets. We loved the first movie and we loved the new one even more. As we were waiting, Marlene found the ticket stub from the last movie we saw together. It was dated December 28, 2005! It was also raining really hard that night, so Marlene and I took a moment and kissed in the rain! It’s just something we do (But don’t worry it was not excessive)!
- We are pretty much done taking down all the holiday decorations. It’s always sad to see them go, but there is something about getting your house back to normal after the holidays!
- I read a book called Juggling Elephants over the Christmas break. It tells the story of a man who is trying to juggle his work, family and self. It is told from the perspective of the main character who attends the circus with his family and realizes, with some help from the ringmaster, that life is like a three ring circus. It’s a great book and I have begun to implement some of the principals into my life, including walking by myself everyday. It helps to give me some “me” time and a chance to sort out my thoughts. Plus it helps with my weight loss goals!

So happy 2008! I look forward to seeing all of you soon!
Here is a photo a took on one of my walks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no way, someone else actually wanted to see national treasure too!

~ Jolene said...

oh my gosh Marlin---I hear you about the weight. I've gained over 10 pounds since I got married! I turn 30 in March so I'm afraid it's only getting harder to lose the weight! I do Weight Watchers also - just track the point but don't go to the meetings but it's SO hard to lose weight lately! I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted! xoxo