Sometimes in addition to skill you also need a little luck! Saturday was no exception. Never mind that the forecasts had predicted partly cloudy skis on Saturday (why do forecasters get to be wrong so often?!) when we arrived at Cari’s house it was pouring! Now I would never suggest that I bring good luck, but I do find it interesting that over the course of five years, none of my clients have been rained out! Like I said, a little luck, and our luck held out on Saturday! So there we were, ready to go with Cari all dressed and looking absolutely stunning. She nervously bit her bottom lip, careful not to smudge her lipstick, as she talked to her coordinator on the cell phone about moving the ceremony inside. Then, in an act of defiance and resolve, she said, …”I’m getting married outside!” And like magic, the clouds parted, or at least the rain stopped, and Cari and Mike were married outside at the beautiful Padua Hills Theatre in Claremont!
The venue is nestled in the foothills of Claremont and is just fantastic. I spent five years of my life in La Verne and being in that area is like being home. It was wonderful to work with a great team including Breanne and her awesome staff from An Unforgettable Occasion , Shawni from Shawn Eden and Scott from Entertainment Express.
On a side note, I love listening to my couples exchange conversation and I especially loved the small exchange I heard on Saturday. Cari remarked, “This is so much fun, we should do it every weekend” to which Mike replied, in typical guy fashion, “Yeah but that may get a little expensive”
We love you guys, have a great time in Italy and we will see you when you get back!
YOU GOT MARRIED B......!!! (Cari and Mike know the rest!)

































Sunday, September 23, 2007
Cari & Mike.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Padua is always such a beautiful site! Speaking of the rain, you must be good luck since it poured the day before ours and not a drop the day of!
What a beautiful couple! They got the best of both worlds...they got to have the "rainy" photos which are always so romantic and gorgeous and they got an outside wedding! Lucky couple! You guys did an awesome job!
Robyn - I forgot about how close the rain was to your wedding! In fact there were still puddles in that repair station we stopped at!
Thanks Nataly, Your right on about the rainy photos being more romantic! There is a iconic photo of a couple in the rain on one of my favorite photographers site, Meg Smith! Check her out! BTW, great job on your wedding the other day!
these came out awesome marlin! the red really pops in these. i love the motion shot with b&g.
Hey Marlin, first time checking out your work... awesome stuff.
Photo #6 here, if I was the bride I'd print a canvass to cover an entire wall with it.
Your bridesmaids/gmen shots rock!
Hey Marlin, first time checking out your work... awesome stuff.
Photo #6 here, if I was the bride I'd print a canvass to cover an entire wall with it.
Your bridesmaids/gmen shots rock!
Post a Comment