So how do wedding photographers spend their few Saturday's off? Well this photographer spent it at a wedding! Marlene's cousin was married in Camarillo on Saturday and we took her mom to the festivities. After a three hour drive (the 101 was shut down!) we arrived and then realized it was another 45 minute drive the the reception in Simi Valley! Marlene's mom wanted to stay in Camarillo with her sister so Marlene and I had to back track another 45 minutes after the reception. All told we drove about 6 hours! By the time we picked up the kids from my sister-in-laws house it was midnight and I was more tired than when we shoot a wedding!
Overall it was a lot of fun to attend a wedding as a guest. Marlene and I have not been to a wedding as a guest in over five years and it was a different experience. I just felt like I had to be moving all the time and that I was missing shots! I swore I would not take a camera, but Marlene wanted to photograph her family so she took one. By the end I could not resist grabbing the camera from Marlene and shoting the following image. I don't really have anything like it and it has a very 1999 look to it like when so many photographers were using colored gels! Something different!
Monday, September 17, 2007
A Saturday Off.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
marlin, that shot is awesome circa 1980 or not! ha!
Post a Comment