A guest at Gina and Brian’s wedding paid me possibly one the greatest compliments I have ever received. After viewing a slideshow of the day I put together while the guests ate dinner, he said they were inspirational. I thought he meant he was inspired to take photos, but he explained some photos make you want to look at them, but these photos inspired him to be in love and made him want to get married. I always try to “capture emotion” but to inspire love? Wow! Now before I go to far…. I don’t think it’s completely my images (and my ego is not out of control!) He did, however, make me think about my role as a wedding photographer. I feel I simply capture the emotion that inspires love. My clients bring the inspiration in their love, I just press the button! Gina and Brian are a perfect example of this recipe for inspirational love. They are so meant for each other and if you are fortunate enough to spend just a few seconds with them, you immediately feel their connection. But for the guest whose name I missed, thanks for the compliment!
You may remember Gina and I went to High School together and was referred by another one of my clients/friends, Monia and Robin. Gina and I attended Bishop Amat High School. If you know Amat, you know anyone who attends or attended is family. After we got over the initial shock of realizing how small the world is, we picked up where we left off 15 years ago! It was great to see that Gina is so successful and found her soul mate. Marlene and I are fortunate we were able to document their love.
Gina and Brian were married in their beloved City of El Segundo. They exchanged their vows at St. Anthony's Catholic Church with the help of Father Jim Anguiano (Father Jim was Principal of Amat and I was his office aide my Senior year!) and they celebrated their day at Occasions.
Gina, Brian, Rod, Davidlee, Debbie, Tisha, Wendy, Yvonne and Lorene, you guys are awesome! Thank you for trekking down to the street to the “blue building”, for trusting my crazy ideas, for making several jumps for the basketball shot in your suit, for going wherever I asked with your gorgeous dress and for making us feel like family! We love you all!





































Marlene and I also wanted to thank the awesome vendors we worked with.
The talented Yana of Yana Beauty Studio
Karim of My Wedding Blooms
Julian of All the Rave Entertainment
If your getting married, make sure you check these vendors out!
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Gina & Brian......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Thank you for capturing the beautiful love between Brian and Gina at their wedding. I attended the wedding and reception and these pictures reminded me of what a wonderful time I had.
You captured their exterior and interior beauty in a photo, awesome.
Thank you for creating such a professional and impressive memory.
Mary Cleaver
Brian's Aunt from Las Vegas,NV.
you really captured fun in these marlin. nice work!
These pictures really captured the beauty of this wonderful day. Gina your were BEAUTIFUL!!!. Brian you were OK... (LOL) Even though I am 3,000 miles away (Detroit,MI) these pics made me feel like I was there. The pictures were really nice and truly grasped the love on this day.
Take care,
Brian's cousin, Mykee (Michelle) in Detroit, MI
Hope to see you in Vegas December 07 for Christmas...
Post a Comment