Have you ever noticed how old becomes cool after awhile? I remember hating anything to do with 70's in the 80's. I had to have that new CD player and tapes were so not cool. As we round out the first decade of the 2000's, it seems old is cool again. CD players are now old school, film camera's are back in style, super 8 video is waaay up there in cool, and vinyl is making a comeback in some circles. Personally I miss the pop and the hissing on the albums, it always gave such a warm tone, and it's hard to chill with liner notes when you download your music from iTunes.
I am working with a band developing their album artwork and I stopped by one of the members house the other day for some shots. I thought I was doing good with my little collection of vinyl, but this dude was out of control! In addition, he had a collection of 8-track tapes, with a working player! Welcome back 70's, we really did miss you!
Ray kickin' it in the studio!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Old is cool, I need 2 remember that.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment