- I missed out on all the black Friday sales. I actually did not see anything I wanted except at Staples. I showed up at 5am and was still pretty far back in line. I waited for about 10 minutes and then decided it was not worth it and went back home! Marlene still drug me to Target, J.C. Penny, and Tall Mouse later in the day.
- We went shopping at a new store called Fresh and Easy. Think Trader Joe's without all the 70's wood paneling. Pretty good stuff at reasonable prices.
- I broke down and finally purchased an artificial Christmas tree. I hate the constant watering, falling needles, and limited life of fresh trees. I do miss the smell so we brought a pine scented candle from Bath and Body Works. The tree looks pretty real and I feel better that we did not cut down a tree.
- We went to Ikea and Pier 1 for some home shopping! First off I think the West Covina Ikea parking structure and outside of the building would be an awesome place for an engagement session. Something tells me I would get kicked out really fast though! Second, how the heck are they charging 5 cents for each shopping bag you use? The worst part is they charge you after you place your items in the bags! I thought that was rediculous!
- On a happier note, I ran into one of my fraternity (Phi Delta Theta) brothers I have not seen for about six years at Ikea. Until I met Joe Martinez, I thought fraternities were a waste of time! He however, taught me the value of brotherhood and networking and really helped change my life way back back in 1995! Now most of my closest friends are people that were in my fraternity. It was great to see him and meet his new wife! Joe if you read this, you rock man, I am glad we got to re-connect!
I have to go to the Build-a-Bear workshop tomorrow since Zoe saw they have a special edition Rudolph. Update to follow!
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Random Thanksgiving Weekend Thoughts.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Yummmm...Fresh&Easy is pretty good! ;)
They are supposed to be putting a Fresh & Easy right near us. I have heard great things so I am excited!
Post a Comment